Stow Before You Go
At Carter Mario Injury Lawyers, our mission is to protect motorists in the state of Connecticut by making people think twice about picking up their cell phones while driving. That’s why we’ve created the “Stow Before You Go” campaign.
The Stow Before You Go campaign encourages drivers to put away their cell phones while driving. Whether it’s giving the phone to your passenger or putting the phone in your pocket, if you’re driving, we want you to stow your phone before you go.
Connecticut Distracted Driving Law
In Connecticut, putting away your phone while driving isn’t just a suggestion—it’s the law. According to legislation passed by the Connecticut General Assembly:
- No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any highway while using a hand held mobile telephone to engage in a call or while using a mobile electronic device when the vehicle is in motion.
- Drivers under age 18 are prohibited from using a hand held mobile telephone (including those with a hands free accessory) or a mobile electronic device while operating a moving motor vehicle on a highway.
Knowing and abiding by Connecticut distracted driving laws may save your life or someone else’s. So remember, if you’re driving, stow before you go!
“Cell phone use was reported in 18% of distracted driving-related fatalities in America.”
Other Efforts to Prevent Distracted Driving
Carter Mario was the first business in Connecticut to commit dollars and time to create awareness of the distracted driving epidemic. Now, we’re doing everything we can to prevent distracted driving.
These are just a few of the efforts we’re making to keep you safe on the road:
- Arrive Alive Scholarship Program Our Arrive Alive Scholarship program awards college scholarships to graduating high school seniors based on projects they create about the dangers of distracted or drunk driving.
- The Get Carter! App The free Get Carter! App for Android and iPhone provides a suite of useful tools designed to help you or someone you love if involved in an accident. With the app, you can capture accident data, call a tow truck, find the nearest hospital, arrange a free taxi ride home, and much more.
- CarterCares Student/Parent Presentations Attorney Carter Mario has spent many hours speaking to high school students and parents across the state about distracted and drunk driving. Carter has said many times “If we save just one life, then all of our efforts will be worthwhile.”
At Carter Mario, we’re dedicated to helping people across the state of Connecticut understand and prevent distracted driving. Help us spread the message. Get your own Stow Before You Go T-shirt at any Carter Mario Injury Lawyers office: FREE for CMIL clients and $5 for everyone else.
All proceeds go to the Arrive Alive Scholarship Fund.