An injury on the job is always serious. It can take food off of your table and money out of your pocket, as well as threaten your ability to make a living. The workers compensation lawyers at Carter Mario can help you with your claim. Here are some important facts you need to know:
- In the state of Connecticut, all employees (full-time and part-time) are covered by workers compensation benefits. You can file a workers comp claim caused by your work conditions or gradual conditions that developed over a period of time.
- After an on-the-job injury you need to properly document your claim to receive benefits. Here are three things you should do immediately following your accident:
- Report your injury or illness to your employer as soon as possible. If you wait too long, your claim could be denied.
- Seek medical care. Your employer is required by law to provide proper medical attention.
- File a notice of claim for compensation, also known as the 30c form. You are responsible for filing this form, not your employer.
After you file, your employer will forward your case to his or her workers compensation insurance company. It is important to remember that this insurance company works for your employer and not you. This is why hiring a workers compensation lawyer is crucial. It will ensure that you get the benefits that you deserve.
The legal team here at Carter Mario is always available to speak to you about any questions or concerns you have about filing a workers compensation claim. Feel free to give us a call or text at any time, or stop by one of our offices today!