Connecticut Drug Injury Attorneys
Available Around the Clock
At Carter Mario Injury Lawyers, we have handled various kinds of personal injury cases, including those involving drug injuries. If you have sustained a drug-related injury, we can help you file an injury claim against the at-fault manufacturer. Available 24/7, we make ourselves readily available to our clients so that they always have access to reliable legal counsel. When it comes to safeguarding the rights of our clients, we are relentless and unwavering.
Types of Drug Injury Cases We Represent
We handle drug injury cases including but not limited to:
- Pradaxa: Pradaxa has been known to cause serious, sometimes fatal bleeding in patients who take it regularly. If you or someone you love has suffered from severe bleeding that resulted in hospitalization, cerebral hemorrhage, or life-threatening blood loss, contact a Connecticut drug injury lawyer at our office for help.
- Zofran: Using Zofran to treat morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy has resulted in birth defects such as cleft lip, cleft palate, heart defects, and kidney issues. Investigations and lawsuits against GlaxoSmithKline, the drug company that produces Zofran, are currently underway. Contact Carter Mario Injury Lawyers to learn more.
- Yaz: Serious, adverse heart and health problems have been linked to Yaz among some female users. These effects include: blood clots, stroke, heart attack, and gall bladder disease. Since hitting the market in 2006, Yaz has been connected to dangerous side effects, manufacturing issues, and serious marketing issues. In January of 2009, the FDA required YAZ to launch a campaign correcting the false claims it made about the drug being used to cure headaches and severe acne.
- Antidepressants: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), typically taken to treat depression, anxiety, social phobia disorder, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder, can cause life-threatening birth defects such as persistent pulmonary hypertension of newborns (PPHN). Antidepressants that can result in birth injury when taken during pregnancy include: Celexa®, Lexapro®, Luvox®, Paxil®, Prozac®, Symbyax®, and Zoloft®.
- Fosamax: Use of Fosamax has been linked to femur fractures and osteonecrosis of the jaw, two extremely painful conditions. The manufacturer of Fosamax is currently facing more than 1,400 lawsuits for alleged harm to patients. If you or someone you love was harmed, contact us at Carter Mario Injury Lawyers today.
- Xarelto: Xarelto is a blood thinning medication connected to fatal bleeding and blood clots. Often used to treat patients recovering from joint replacement surgery or patients who have non-valvular atrial fibrillation, Xarelto has been linked to more than just serious bleeding and blood clots; it’s also known to increase the risk of heart attack, deep vein thrombosis, stroke, spinal / epidural hematomas, and pulmonary embolisms.
Tell us about your drug injury case during a free initial consultation: (800) 900-6700.
Protecting the Rights of Injured Consumers Since 1989
For over 25 years, our Connecticut personal injury lawyers have been protecting the rights of injured individuals. We are passionate about securing maximum compensation for our clients so that they can get back on their feet as quickly as possible. We are willing to take a case to trial in order obtain the most favorable outcome possible. If we believe your case should be taken to court, you can feel confident in knowing that we will provide you with trial preparation. Our strategic approach to personal injury law has led to the recovery of millions of dollars in compensation.
For More Information, Contact Carter Mario Injury Lawyers.
If this is your first time taking legal action for a drug injury, you surely have many questions and concerns regarding your case. We can help you understand the extent of your rights and the various options that are available to you. We will guide you through the claims-filing process, from start to finish. Under our No-Fee Guarantee, you don't have to pay us legal fees unless we recover compensation for your claim.
Call our office today to learn more about our legal services.