If you’re hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence, your first priority is recovering from your injuries. When you speak with a Connecticut Personal Injury Attorney at Carter Mario Law Firm, we’ll prepare your case to get you the money you need to cover your medical bills.
Knowing how the procedures will be handled and going over your testimony can be enormously helpful for clients who aren’t sure what to expect when they go to court. With that in mind, we’ve put together this list of five tips.
- Compile Documents - The more evidence your case comprises, the better you’ll be able to demonstrate your situation to the courts. Starting at the time of the injury, collect all documents regarding your case, and share the information with your attorney.
- Courtroom Procedures - It’s important to familiarize yourself with trial procedures. You even may wish to go over the general courtroom layout with your attorney before your case goes to court, so you know what to expect. You may be able to visit the courtroom before the trial to prepare.
- Testimony Practice - To be fully prepared, work with your attorney to go over sample questions and answers and to practice your testimony. This may help alleviate a lot of nervousness on the day of court.
- Clothing Considerations - Dress nicely, but your attorney may advise certain types or styles of clothing in some cases. Speak with your attorney about what types of clothing might be most appropriate.
- Ask Questions - Uncertainty breeds anxiety. If you have questions regarding your injury case or how matters will be handled in court, ask your attorney to reduce or eliminate any uncertainty you may have.
There are a lot of little details about courtroom procedure for personal injury cases in general, and the whole process can seem overwhelming. We’re happy to answer any additional questions you have. Contact a Connecticut Personal Injury Attorney at Carter Mario Law Firm at (203) 806-9256 and we’ll discuss your case with you on your schedule.