Waterbury Car Accident Attorneys
Taking Care of Your Case from Step One
Carter Mario Law Firm can help you understand your options and take legal action after being in a serious car accident in Waterbury. Negligent drivers are always looking for excuses to dodge liability for the harm they do. We take the initiative to bring a powerful claim that defeats their arguments before they can even begin. When you need the most help you can get after a car accident, you should insist on working with a team as driven as ours.
We’re standing by to help. Call (203) 457-6459 or contact us online.
Common Types of Accidents
You never know which driver on the road is going to be the one that acts negligently and causes a crash. You also can’t know what type of accident you will be in. The uncertainty of a car accident doesn’t mean you have to be uncertain about who can help you, though. Our team of Waterbury car accident lawyers can handle virtually any car accident case, regardless of the details that led up to it.
Some of the most common types of car accidents are:
- Rear-end accidents at stop signs and red lights
- Rollover accidents caused by sideswipes
- Head-on collisions on two-way freeways
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents caused by texting drivers
- T-bone accidents by turning left in front of oncoming traffic
Most Common Injury from a Car Accident
Injuries caused by a car accident will vary, just as much as the details of the crash itself. Some people in a car accident will suffer severe injuries, like traumatic brain injuries (TBI) or spinal cord injuries. Others will suffer lacerations, fractures, burns, and other serious but less-life-threatening injuries.
Out of all the types of injuries suffered in car accidents, whiplash might be the most common, though. Whiplash is usually suffered by people in the front car of a rear-end accident, which are among the most common types of car accidents. It begins as a pain in the neck that can be deceptively easy to ignore with some painkillers. As a few hours or days go by, though, the neck injury can get exponentially more painful until it is debilitating.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The steps you take immediately after a car accident are usually the most important when it comes to collecting evidence that will prove liability later. In these moments, the evidence of what happened is freshest, as is everyone’s memory of the accident.
Let our car accident team know if you did any of these things after a crash:
- Took pictures: In many car accident cases, insurance companies are finally willing to budge once they are shown photographic evidence that flies contrary to their arguments. If you took pictures of the scene, all cars, and all injuries, then our team should review them and put them to good use for your case.
- Called 911: First responders are enormously helpful after a car accident, even when no one is catastrophically injured. Police officers, firefighters, and paramedics all write reports about what they saw. If we can get access to those reports, then we might have another source of evidence that says the other driver caused the crash.
- Saw a doctor: A doctor should see you within 24 hours at most after being in a crash, regardless of how injured you think you are. We can take the report from your check-up and use it to validate your injuries and their cause.
No One Fights Quite Like We Do
When you’re seriously injured, it matters who you get to represent you. Don’t risk your financial recovery on a legal team that won’t take your case to heart or fight tooth-and-nail with insurance companies. Choose the name that people in Waterbury trust for their car accident claims: Carter Mario Law Firm. We keep the phone open 24/7, call back the same day if we miss your call for any reason, and give each client a dedicated team of 4 to make the most of their cases!Discover the Carter Mario Law Firm difference. Call (203) 457-6459.