Waterbury Truck Accident Lawyer
Our Legal Team Looks Out for Your Best Interests
Each year, about 4,000 people are killed in truck accidents and countless more are seriously injured. Many of these accidents occur because truck drivers and shipping companies fail to follow the rules. Due to the size and weight of semi-trucks and tractor-trailers, large truck accidents can be more serious than regular car accidents. Shipping companies carry enormous insurance policies but do everything in their power to deny liability. They even have attorneys to help them pay as little as possible.
At Carter Mario Law Firm, you will have a team of 4 legal professionals dedicated to you throughout your case, and we are available 24/7 to answer your call.
Get to know your legal team during a free consultation – call us at (203) 457-6459 to get started today.
What Are the Types of Truck Accidents?
Just as there are many types of car accidents, there are many kinds of truck accidents. Because of large trucks’ nature, in fact, there are more types of truck accidents than types of car accidents.
The most common types of truck accidents include:
- Rear-end accidents – all drivers can cause rear-end accidents, but when truck drivers rear end smaller vehicles, there are often catastrophic consequences.
- Head-on collisions – head-on crashes are one of the most dangerous types of crashes, even for passenger vehicles. Head-on accidents involving semi-trucks are almost always deadly.
- T-bone accidents – many people are surprised to hear that most fatal truck accidents happen off the freeway, but any mistake at stoplights or intersections can lead to fatal T-bone accidents.
- Rollovers – fully-loaded tractor-trailers can be unstable, especially on curves. If a large truck flips over, the results can be devastating for everyone on the road.
- Tire blowouts – any driver can experience a tire blowout but when truck drivers lose control over their massive vehicles, all surrounding drivers are in danger.
- Jackknife accidents – if a truck driver loses control of the trailer they are towing, it can swing out and form a 90-degree angle with the cab of the vehicle, causing chaos on the roadway.
- Blindspot accidents – truck drivers have large blind spots to the right and left of them, and smaller blind spots in front of and behind them. If a passenger vehicle is at the wrong place at the wrong time, it could be crushed by a driver trying to change lanes.
- Wide turn accidents – large trucks don’t have the best turn radius and can cause serious accidents when swinging wide to make a turn. Passenger vehicles can also become trapped between large trucks and the curb.
- Unsafe loads – if the load a truck is carrying shifts, falls off, or contains hazardous materials, it puts all other drivers at risk
Whether a large truck is involved in a “standard” accident or a more specific one, truck accidents are always more serious because of their enormous size or weight.
If you have been injured in any of the accidents above, our Waterbury truck accident attorneys can help.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents have many of the same causes as car accidents, but multiple parties can face liability. Additionally, there are special considerations for truck accidents, like the way trailers are loaded and how many hours a truck driver works.
The leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- FMCSA violations
- Poorly maintained brakes
- Equipment breakdown
- Improperly loaded vehicles
All too often, shipping companies take advantage of truck drivers, overworking them and forcing them to meet ridiculous quotas. As a result, many of the truck drivers on the road are sleep-deprived and stressed, which creates dangerous conditions for driving.
If you get into an accident with a truck driver, both the driver and the shipping company may have violated traffic laws or Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. Determining liability can be difficult, which is why you should always talk to an attorney.
Why Choose Us?
Carter Mario Law Firm has over 30 years of experience fighting for Waterbury’s injured. We put our clients first and strive for the best results in every case. When you choose us, you can expect commitment and availability. If we don’t win, you don’t pay; someone will always answer the phone, and you can expect a call back from your attorney within the same day.
We are available 24/7, so don’t hesitate to call us at (203) 457-6459 or contact us onlinetoday.