MILFORD CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Standing Up for Auto Accident Victims in Connecticut
A serious car accident can completely change your life in an instant. If you or someone you love was involved in a motor vehicle accident in Milford or the surrounding areas, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your resulting medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Carter Mario Law Firm, we represent victims of serious auto accidents in Milford and throughout the state of Connecticut. Our attorneys bring over 30 years of experience to the practice of car accident law. We know how the system works, and we have what it takes to aggressively represent you and your rights. In every case, our Milford car accident lawyers will fight to recover the maximum compensation our clients are owed, even when that means taking the liable party to court.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
The most common cause of car accidents in Milford and the surrounding areas is negligence. When motorists are careless, distracted, or inexperienced, they are far more likely to cause a collision.
The most common ways driver manifests itself in auto accidents are:
- Auto defects: If a vehicle is designed, constructed, or maintained poorly, mechanical defects can lead to serious accidents leaving the manufacturer or a similar party at fault.
- Distracted driving: Texting and driving, eating behind the wheel, daydreaming, and other distractions are among the leading causes of fatal car accidents throughout the United States.
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol: Getting behind the wheel after drinking or doing drugs is never a good idea.
- Poor infrastructure: When an accident is caused due to poor road design or maintenance, the city organization responsible can be held liable for your injuries.
- Reckless driving: Speeding, tailgating, ignoring traffic signs and signals, and other forms of reckless driving lead to injury and death every day in the U.S.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
The following steps can help you directly after an accident, and they may also help protect your injury claim:
- Call 911 or visit a doctor as soon as possible. Car crash injuries are often internal and can take time to manifest, so the best way to protect your health is to get at least get a check up to ensure you don’t have brain damage or another serious injury. Plus, having medical records on file is vitally important to your injury case, even if you believe your injuries are minor.
- Contact the police. They will file a police report which will contain unbiased information about how the crash happened. The police will give you a copy of the report (or a number) and can also asset you with exchanging insurance and contact information with any other involved parties.
- Document the crash scene by taking pictures from all angles of the location of the accident, any vehicles involved, property damage, tire skid marks, bodily injury, and anything else you believe may be relevant.
- Keep copies of all documentation related to the wreck—such as medical bills, car repair receipts, and police reports—when possible. This information will also help you strengthen your claim.
- Contact a local car crash law firm that can help you file your accident claim and deal with the insurance companies. Working with an experienced lawyer is generally the best way to get the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose Carter Mario Law Firm for Your Car Accident Case?
Clients who choose our firm will enjoy the following benefits:
- We are available 24/7 and are willing to travel to your home or hospital bed if your injuries prevent you from coming to us.
- We never charge our clients legal fees unless we win them a fair settlement.
- When you choose our firm, you will work closely with a Milford car accident attorney—we will never hand you off to a paralegal or other legal associate—to maximize the value of your accident case.
- While our legal advocates will aggressively fight on your behalf, our firm is also deeply committed to the care and well-being of our clients. We always provide personalized representation tailored to your needs.
- With over 30 years of experience in accident law, our car crash attorneys in Milford have the experience and dedication needed to help clients through the stressful aftermath of a motor vehicle accident.
Contact Us 24/7 for a Free, No Obligation Legal Consultation
At Carter Mario Law Firm, we understand the importance of recovering maximum compensation for our clients. Our Milford car accident attorneys are known for aggressively advocating for the rights of the injured, as well as for recovering every last cent from insurance companies.
While we are aggressive in negotiation and at trial, we are compassionate and attentive when it comes to providing our clients with the care, support, and service they need. As a client, you can expect to receive direct communication from your attorney, as well as empathetic guidance from our staff throughout the entire legal process.