When an accident occurs, collecting information about the accident is generally not the first thing an injured person thinks of. However, getting that information right away can be extremely important for your
Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyer to help you pursue a claim after an auto accident.
Accident details such as the vehicles involved, and the insurance companies of all parties are contained in the police report, but waiting for that report could cost your case time and money. If you have medical bills and can’t work, waiting for your attorney to get your police report could keep you from the money you need for treatment and paying bills.
When you’re involved in an accident, there are nine pieces of information that are critical to get to your attorney right away. They are…
- Your Personal Information. Your name, address, phone number, and email
- Accident Information. The date of the accident, the time of day, the weather conditions, a description of the location of the accident, and how the accident happened.
- Your Vehicle Information. Year, make, model, plate number, VIN number, color.
- Your Insurance Information. Your insurance company, their phone number, your policy number, your claim number.
- Police Information. The case number generated by the police department, the officer(s) that responded to the scene, their badge number, a contact phone number
- Other Driver Information. Their name, address, phone, email, license plate number, and any comment about they may have said at the scene.
- Other Driver’s Insurance. Their insurance company, their phone number, their policy number, their claim number.
- Witness Information. The name, phone number, and comments of all witnesses to the accident.
- Photos / Audio Recording. If possible, take as many photos of the accident as you can. Make an audio recording to recall important details of the accident that you may forget later.
Download the Get Carter App for your smartphone for a handy fill-in-the-blank form that records all of this information for you. You can then submit that information directly to us so we can get started on your case. This information can help your
Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyer cut down on the time it takes to get you the help you need.
To request a free review of your case, please call (844) 634-5656.