October 24, 2011
A tragic house fire in a Bridgeport, Connecticut, neighborhood has claimed the life of a seven-year-old boy. According to Channel 8 News, the fire broke out in a three-story home on Highland Avenue just after 5:00 this morning.
Officials say the fire began in the boy’s bedroom, but are unsure of what may have started the fire. Investigators said the residents who live in the downstairs of the home knew the boy was trapped in the upper part of the home and attempted to rescue him, but were pushed out by flames and smoke, and exited the house safely. The boy’s grandmother and mother got to the scene shortly after and stated the home was engulfed when they arrived. Unfortunately, by the time firefighters made it to the scene, it was too late.
Officials say details on how the fire started will be released upon the completion of their investigation into the fire.
According to statistics gathered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) one person dies in a house fire every 169 minutes.
The Connecticut Fire and Burn Injury Attorneys with Carter Mario Injury Lawyers would like to take this opportunity to remind homeowners that the best way to protect the lives and the live of their loved ones from a fire is to ensure smoke detectors are installed and working in every room of your home.