After the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Connecticut
The most important step to take after being injured in a motorcycle accident is getting medical help. Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents can range from road rash to broken bones, all of which need to be treated and documented by professional healthcare providers.
In addition to visiting a doctor, there are other steps you can take to help strengthen your injury claim after a motorcycle accident, such as:
- Notify your insurance company about the accident – You should report your motorcycle accident and injuries to your own insurance company. However, you should not speak to or sign anything from the other driver’s insurance company.
- Write down the details of the accident – When you’re able to, make notes about how the accident occurred. Include specific details, such as what lane you were traveling in, weather conditions, time of day, traffic flow, and any other details you remember. You should also include what type of protective clothing and equipment you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Take pictures of your injuries and your damaged motorcycle – Before your motorcycle is repaired, take pictures of the bike and the damage it sustained in the crash. If the doctor didn’t take pictures of your injuries, make sure to photograph them yourself.
- Keep track of your recovery process and treatment – Although it should be included in your medical records, write down the medication you’re prescribed (with dosage amounts), the doctor visits you attend, and any additional treatment or rehabilitation you required to recover from your injuries. While you’re healing, write down how you feel throughout the process and how your injuries affect your daily activities.
- Talk to a lawyer – Consult with one of our Connecticut motorcycle accident lawyers as soon as possible. At Carter Mario Injury Lawyers, our goal is to get you the treatment you need and obtain the compensation you’re owed. Give us a call today and tell us about your accident. We’re ready to listen 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We know how much your life has been disrupted by your injury. Things seem overwhelming. We know what you’re going through. We are here to make the aftermath of your accident less overwhelming.
Give us a call today to learn more about how we can protect your rights.