Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
What are the most common causes of truck accidents?
Like other motor vehicle accidents, truck accidents can be caused by many different factors, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Drug and alcohol use
- Fatigue or sleep deprivation
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Violation of safety regulations
To help prevent truck accidents, all drivers should follow safety regulations, and other motorists on the highway should be cautious when driving near big trucks.
What are truck "no-zones?"
No-zones are dangerous areas or blind spots around big trucks where accidents are most likely to occur.
These areas include:
- Front no-zone - Trucks are heavy and difficult to slow down or stop over short distances, so you should never cut in front of a truck or slow down abruptly if a truck is behind you.
- Side no-zone - Truck drivers have huge blind spots along the sides of their trailers. Keep your distance from a truck that is merging lanes, and remember: If you can't see the truck driver's face in his rear-view mirror, he can't see you.
- Rear no-zone - The back of a truck is another blind spot for truck drivers. Never follow a truck too closely, and never drive or walk behind a truck that is reversing.
Remembering the locations of truck no-zones and practicing safe driving techniques near big trucks can help keep you and your family safe on the highway.
How can I hold a truck driver or trucking company liable?
A Connecticut truck accident lawyer from Carter Mario Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident, determine who was at fault, and fight to hold that party liable-or legally responsible-for your injuries.
Truck drivers and trucking companies can be held liable for your accident if:
- Their trucks are considered unsafe or unfit for the highway
- They break any industry regulations
- They violate the law
How can I get compensation for my injuries?
To receive compensation for a truck accident, you must prove the accident was caused by negligence-or failure to uphold a standard of care-by the truck driver or trucking company. Negligence in truck accident cases can be caused by truck drivers or other motorists driving while fatigued, driving while intoxicated, using electronic devices behind the wheel, and much more.
Accidents involving big trucks can cause huge amounts of damage to both property and people. If you or someone you love was injured in a big truck accident, Carter Mario Injury Lawyers can help. Our Connecticut truck accident attorneys have years of experience helping innocent victims get compensation for their injuries, and we can help you, too.
How long do I have to sue after a truck accident?
In personal injury cases, you have a limited amount of time to take legal action after your injury/accident. Because there is a limited amount of time for you to file a claim, it's important you contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Please get in touch with us as soon as possible for reliable legal guidance.