Compensation for Your Loss Lawyers in Connecticut
In a wrongful death case, if you are the beneficiary-husband or wife, child, parent, heir, or next of kin-you may be entitled to damages, or monetary compensation, for the loss of your loved one. The damages you receive from the party responsible for your loved one's death are not intended to punish the at-fault party for their negligent or carless actions, but are intended to compensate you for your loved one's injuries and losses. Our Connecticut wrongful death lawyers at Carter Mario Injury Lawyers can help you pursue the compensation you're owed.
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling (844) 634-5656.
Types of Damages
In the state of Connecticut, there are statutes that govern the types of damages you may be entitled to in a wrongful death case. These damages are grouped into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are for actual expenses incurred as a result of the death, such as medical and funeral expenses. Non-economic damages are not tangible, and involve things like pain and suffering and loss of quality of life.
By Connecticut law, damages that may be available to you as a beneficiary include, but are not limited to:
- Reasonable and necessary expenses - Damages for medical, funeral, and burial expenses
- Loss of earning capacity - Damages for the loss of the income your deceased love one contributed or would have contributed to your family
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life's activities - Damages for the decedent's loss of quality of life
- Compensation for death - Damages for the actual loss of the decedent's life
- Pain and suffering - Damages for the pain and suffering the decedent experienced prior to death
When you lose a loved one, you can lose more than a companion. If you need help recovering the compensation you need, our Connecticut wrongful death attorneys at Carter Mario Injury Lawyers are here for you and your family.
For compassionate legal representation, please contact us today.