Connecticut Delayed Colon Cancer Diagnosis Lawyers
We Will Fight to Get You the Care You Need
Early, regular screening for colorectal cancer can prevent deaths. With
early diagnosis, colon cancer has a 90% percent cure rate — but
only about 40% of these cancers are diagnosed early. Any delay in diagnosing
or treating colon cancer can have tragic consequences.
Recommended Screening Test Schedule
The American Cancer Society recommends both men and women adhere to one
of the following testing schedules beginning at age 50:
- Yearly: Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT)
- Yearly: Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
- Every 5 years: Flex Sigmoidoscopy
- Every 5 years: Barium Enema
- Every 5 years: CT Colonography
- Every 10 years: Colonoscopy
Any positive tests should be followed with a colonoscopy.
The American Cancer Society also recommends people talk to their doctor
about starting colorectal cancer screening earlier or undergoing screening
more often if they have any of the following risk factors:
- A personal history of colorectal cancer or polyps
- A family history of cancer or polyps under age 60
- A history of chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- A history of hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome
Common Forms of Negligence or Malpractice
Unfortunately, a delay in diagnosing colon cancer can be due to a doctor’s
Some reasons include:
- Failure to perform appropriate examinations or testing
- Failure to test when a patient reports potential symptoms
- Failure to follow up on results of screening examinations
- Failure to recommend appropriate treatment options
- Failure to follow up and communicate with the patient
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love suffers any type of harm due to medical negligence,
you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights.
Contact our lawyers today. The Carter Mario Law Firm team offers decades of combined
legal experience. We provide 24/7 access and our exclusive
Zero Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario Law Firm, you don’t owe any attorneys’
fees unless we recover on your behalf — it’s that simple.
(203) 806-9256 to find out what Carter Mario Law Firm can do for you. Get Carter! Guaranteed
Tough! Guaranteed Fast!