Dangerous Drug Attorneys in Connecticut
We Hold Negligent Pharmaceutical Companies Accountable
Modern medicine is truly a marvel, as researchers develop novel treatments to improve the lives of people with chronic injuries nearly every day. Unfortunately, many of these treatments have serious, potentially dangerous side effects. Carter Mario Law Firm handles many types of personal injury cases, including those involving injuries caused by dangerous drugs.
Don’t Be a Victim
If you have suffered serious harm after treatment with a potentially dangerous drug, we’re sure you will have many questions. We can help you understand your rights as well as your legal options. Let us help you pursue damages against the manufacturer at fault. Carter Mario Law Firm can guide you through the claim process from start to finish, helping you pursue the full, fair compensation you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
If you have suffered harm after taking a dangerous drug, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at (203) 529-7654 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Types of Drug Injury Cases
We handle drug injury cases including but not limited to:
- Pradaxa: Pradaxa has been known to cause serious, sometimes fatal bleeding in patients who take it regularly. If you or someone you love has suffered from severe bleeding that resulted in hospitalization, cerebral hemorrhage, or life-threatening blood loss, contact a Connecticut drug injury attorney at our office for help.
- Zofran: Using Zofran to treat morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy has resulted in birth defects such as cleft lip, cleft palate, heart defects, and kidney issues. Investigations and lawsuits against GlaxoSmithKline, the drug company that produces Zofran, are currently underway.
- Xarelto: Xarelto is a blood thinning medication connected to fatal bleeding and blood clots. Often used to treat patients recovering from joint replacement surgery or patients who have non-valvular atrial fibrillation, Xarelto has been linked to more than just serious bleeding and blood clots; it’s also known to increase the risk of heart attack, deep vein thrombosis, stroke, spinal/epidural hematomas, and pulmonary embolisms.
- Abilify: This drug is used to treat a variety of mental disorders, including schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It can also be used with other medications to treat depression. However, reports of serious side effects, including seizures, swallowing problems, heart failure, strokes, and pneumonia have raised concerns about the safety of the drug.
- Byetta, Januvia, Onglyza, Tradjenta, & Victoza: Byretta and Victoza are known as “incretin mimetics,” which act as incretin hormones and stimulate glucose-dependent insulin release for diabetic patients. Januvia, Onglyza, and Tradjenta are known as “gliptins,” which are oral diabetes drugs used to treat Type 2 diabetes. Doctors are starting to combine these drugs, but more research is needed to determine the possible harmful side effects these drugs can have. If you have suffered a drug-related injury, call our Connecticut drug injury attorney today.
- Invokana & Invokamet: Invokana contains canagliflozin, and Invokamet contains a combination of canagliflozin and metformin. These drugs are used to treat Type 2 diabetes. However, serious side effects have been reported. These include urinary tract infections, kidney problems, hyperkalemia (high levels of potassium in the bloodstream), and lactic acidosis.
- Low Testosterone Heart Attacks: Men who take testosterone-boosting drugs may be at twice the risk of suffering heart attacks, strokes, and blood clots.
- Nexium & Prilosec: These are proton pump antagonists or inhibitors. They are used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other stomach acid digestive conditions. However, improper dosage or long-term use (of 1 year or longer) can lead to heart attacks, osteoporosis, and other serious side effects. If you have suffered a harmful side effect from these drugs, our firm can provide compassionate representation.
- Onglyza/Kombiglyze: These drugs are used to control glucose levels and treat Type 2 diabetes. They present the risk of heart failure, pancreatitis, thyroid cancer, and pancreatic cancer. In addition, side effects include trouble breathing, severe joint pain, respiratory tract infections, and lactic acidosis. While these drugs are used to treat diabetes, the health risks pose a serious threat to users and pharmaceutical companies must be held responsible for injuries caused by these drugs.
- Taxotere: This drug is used to prevent the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. Used to treat breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, head and neck cancer, and stomach cancer, this drug has caused serious side effects in patients. These include infections, leukopenia (decreased white blood cells), stomatitis (sore mouth), and vomiting.
- Viagra: A treatment for erectile dysfunction, this drug carries some health warnings. It may cause low blood pressure, hearing problems, vision problems, heart problems, and painful erections or erections lasting longer than 4 hours. If you have suffered an injury or illness because of taking Viagra, our Connecticut drug injury attorneys can work to hold your physician or drug manufacturer responsible.
Protecting the Rights of Injured Consumers Since 1989
For over 25 years, our Connecticut drug injury attorneys have been protecting the rights of injured individuals. We are passionate about securing maximum compensation for our clients so that they can get back on their feet as quickly as possible. We are willing to take a case to trial in order obtain the most favorable outcome possible. If we believe your case should be taken to court, you can feel confident in knowing that we will provide you with trial preparation. Our strategic approach to personal injury law has led to the recovery of over $1 billion in compensation.
For More Information, Contact Carter Mario Law Firm
If this is your first time taking legal action for a drug injury, you surely have many questions and concerns regarding your case. We can help you understand the extent of your rights and the various options that are available to you. We will guide you through the claims-filing process, from start to finish. Under our zero fee warranty, you don’t have to pay us legal fees unless we recover compensation for your claim.