Connecticut Product Liability Lawyer
Defective Product Claims
Manufacturers must ensure the products they create and sell are safe for consumers to use. When a product has serious side effects, hazardous defects, or can cause harm to a user, the manufacturer has an obligation to warn potential users of these dangers.
If you or someone you love was injured by a defective product, you could be entitled to financial compensation. Even if the product was recalled, this does not absolve the manufacturer or distributor from liability. Reach out to Carter Mario Law Firm today to learn more about your legal rights and options. Our Connecticut product liability lawyers are ready to take your call 24/7 and can meet with you for a free consultation at any time.
Give us a call at (203) 571-3858 or contact us online to request a free case evaluation. There are no fees unless we recover compensation for you!
What Makes a Product Defective?
A product is considered defective when it poses an unreasonable risk of harm to users or when it fails to work properly, leading to injury.
Product defects fall into three categories:
- Design Defects: A design defect occurs when a flaw in the actual design of the product makes it unreasonably unsafe for normal/typical use. While some products are inherently dangerous, a product only has a defective design when the risks outweigh the benefits, meaning the risk of injury is unreasonably high.
- Manufacturing Defects: A product has a manufacturing defect when it is designed properly but manufactured incorrectly. Flaws introduced during the manufacturing stage might include things like missing parts, contamination, or incorrect assembly, among others. Only products with the flaw will be defective, as opposed to an entire line of products.
- Marketing/Labeling Defects: A marketing defect (also referred to as a labeling defect) occurs when a product is marketed for off-label use or when a product lacks necessary warning/safety labels to protect consumers. Examples include a medication that is marketed by doctors for other uses not intended by the manufacturer or a child’s toy that is missing choking hazard warnings.
Our Connecticut product liability attorneys understand the importance of determining the type of defect affecting a product, as this typically allows us to then determine who is liable for the resulting damages. We conduct exhaustive investigations, often working alongside a team of experts, to identify whether a defect existed, whether that defect caused the accident/injury, and which entity is legally liable for the victim’s medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Common Defective Products
The product liability attorneys at Carter Mario Law Firm represent injured consumers harmed by all types of defective products.
Some examples of the defective products we frequently encounter include:
- 3M Combat Arms Earplugs: Use of this device has led to hearing loss
- E-Cigarettes: In some cases, these devices explode or ignite causing serious injury
- Endoscopes: These instruments may spread potentially fatal infections
- Essure: This implant used for sterilization has numerous harmful effects
- Exactech Optetrak Knee: These devices may require corrective surgery
- Hair Relaxers, Hair Straighteners: These products have been linked to cancer
- Hernia Mesh: Side effects and other complications may require surgery
- IVC Filters: Serious complications include clots and pulmonary embolism
- Mirena IUD: This birth control device may lead to very serious birth defects
- St. Jude Pacemakers: These devices exhibit serious data and battery issues
- Transvaginal Mesh: This implant may erode or perforate internal organs
- Zimmer Persona Knee: Complications may require revision surgery
If you have suffered harm or if someone you love died due to a defective consumer product, including a defective pharmaceutical drug or medical device, our firm can help. We have been fighting on behalf of injured individuals throughout Connecticut since 1989, and we are ready to put our decades of experience and proven record of success on your side.
Filing a Product Liability Claim
Filing a product liability claim can be intimidating. But at Carter Mario Law Firm, we have successfully taken on major product manufacturers and distributors—and won. We know what it takes to go up against these entities and aggressively advocate for the rights of our clients. Our team can assist you in determining the best course of action based on your specific circumstances, whether that’s filing an individual claim against a manufacturer, initiating a mass tort action, or taking part in a class action lawsuit.
The most important thing for you at this moment is to ensure that you receive the medical care you need. Allow our team to handle the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on healing and getting back on your feet.
Contact Us Today
At Carter Mario Law Firm, we offer free initial consultations and a No-Fee Warranty, meaning you will not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses when you work with our firm. We only accept attorneys’ fees if we recover compensation for you, and you will always get more money than your attorney.
We are always available to take your call and can travel to meet you anywhere in Connecticut if needed. We provide evening and weekend appointments upon request and offer legal services in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.