Are you about to undergo a surgical procedure? If your doctor has told you that she is going to be operating on you using the da Vinci Surgical System, here are some questions you should ask her:
- What is your experience with this procedure done in this way? You’ll want to make sure your doctor has had adequate time to familiarize herself with using this method of treating patients.
- What are the specific complications/risks of the procedure done this way vs. the traditional way? Each surgical procedure carries its own risks to the patient. Using the da Vinci Surgical System may heighten, or lessen, these risks. It’s always best to probe your doctor for more information.
- Does it cost more to have robotic surgery, and will it be covered by my insurance?
- How does the recovery compare between robotic and traditional surgery?
- Are there any treatment options besides surgery?
We know how nerve-wracking it can be preparing for a surgical procedure and want you to make sure you’ve asked all possible questions about your procedure and recovery.