WORKERS’ COMPENSATION DENIAL LawyerS in Connecticut
Denied Workers’ Compensation? Know What Comes Next.
While workers’ compensation is intended to provide workers with money for medical treatment, lost wages, and job retraining, filing a claim does not guarantee an employee will receive benefits.
If your workers’ compensation claim is denied or you disagree with the decision, the Connecticut workers’ compensation denial attorneys at Carter Mario Law Firm can fight for the benefits you’re owed.
The Workers’ Compensation Appeals Process
If you disagree with a determination on a workers’ compensation claim, you can file an appeal with the Compensation Review Board — a part of the Connecticut Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Carter Mario Law Firm can help guide you through each step of the process, including:
- Preparing Your Petition for Review Form: You must file a Petition for Review form with the Compensation Review Board within 20 days of a denial or decision with which you disagree.
- Submission of New Evidence: While new evidence may increase benefits, the Compensation Review Board will require a valid reason why it wasn’t submitted under the initial claim.
- Requesting an Informal Hearing: These conferences allow your attorney to meet your employer or insurance representative. A commissioner will recommend a decision.
- Requesting a Formal Hearing: If an informal hearing fails, formal hearings allow your attorney to review all the current evidence. The commissioner will then issue a finding.
- Requesting a Correction of the Commission’s Finding: If you do not agree with the commissioner’s finding, your attorney has 2 weeks to file a legal motion to correct.
- Appealing the Commission’s Finding: If you disagree with the results of a formal hearing, you have 20 days to file an appeal of the finding with the Connecticut Appellate Court system.
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love has been injured, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights — just contact us today! The Carter Mario Law Firm team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access and our exclusive Zero Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario Law Firm, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple.