New Britain Rideshare Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in an Uber accident in New Britain, CT, the last thing you want to deal with is the Uber driver’s insurance company. If you experienced severe injuries as a result of the car crash, your main focus should be on gearing up toward recovery.
Between medical bills, physical therapy, recovery, and other roadblocks occupying your time, you might be tempted to settle with the Uber driver’s insurance company at their first offer out of convenience.
However, when you settle without legal assistance, you make three times less than if you had an experienced New Britain car accident lawyer by your side.
You may not know all the legal options available to you, and the rideshare driver’s insurance company is betting on that to minimize your total compensation — compensation you need to cover medical treatment and other related expenses such as lost wages or disability.
Trust the New Britain rideshare accident lawyers at Carter Mario Law Firm to help you win maximum compensation in your personal injury claim. Throughout our 30+ years of excellent legal service, we’ve secured over one billion dollars for our clients in their personal injury and car accident claims.
Connecticut trusts the Carter Mario Law Firm to fight against insurance companies and deliver maximum compensation to car accident victims.
Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay for our legal services when we win your case.
Call us today to discuss your car accident claim, or stop by one of our offices — walk-ins are always welcome! And remember, you don’t pay a dime until we’ve won your case!
Trust Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys’ 30+ Years of Experience
As seasoned Uber accident lawyers in New Britain, CT, we bring over 30 years of experience to each car accident case, ensuring that accident victims stand the best chance of maximum compensation for their personal injuries.
There are eight reasons why the Carter Mario Law Firm is the right choice when searching for rideshare accident attorneys. Here’s why Connecticut wants us fighting in their corner when handling personal injury cases:
The Carter Mario Law Firm 8-Point Guarantee
- Zero Fee Warranty: With our Zero Fee Warranty, clients are assured that they owe us nothing unless we win the case. This policy ensures that our services are risk-free and accessible to all New Britain residents.
- Walk-ins Welcome: Walk-ins are always welcome, and case consultations are always free of charge. Our clients can always walk into our office or opt for us to visit them for consultations and discussions.
- Prompt Responses: We guarantee same-day callbacks. If we fail to respond on the same day you call, we’ll treat you to lunch!
- Dedicated Team: Each client is assigned a team of four car accident attorneys, ensuring detailed attention and comprehensive support for your New Britain, CT car accident case.
- 24/7 Availability: Our firm operates round the clock — you can always reach a team member, never an answering machine, regardless of the time.
- Easy Online Case Access: You’ll easily access your case files, providing transparency and constant updates on your personal injury lawsuit.
- Regular Updates: We inform our clients with frequent, clear updates on their car accident cases, ensuring they’re always aware of the status of their car accident claims.
- Clients First Policy: Our clients’ financial recovery is our top priority. We guarantee that the client always receives more in compensation than what is paid in attorney fees.
How an Uber Accident Attorney Helps Your Case
Having an experienced Uber accident attorney by your side is crucial when navigating the aftermath of a rideshare accident in New Britain. Here’s how your Uber accident team will help you receive the financial compensation you deserve:
- Expert Guidance: Insurance companies are in the business of offering you less. We provide expert legal guidance tailored to the unique aspects of rideshare accident cases and guarantee you’ll make more.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: Your car accident attorney team thoroughly investigates the accident, gathering crucial evidence such as Uber driver records, vehicle maintenance logs, and witness statements.
- Navigating Insurance Complexities: Your car accident team adeptly navigates the complex issues involving multiple parties, including the insurance of the rideshare company and the driver’s personal insurance.
- Maximizing Compensation: We aim to ensure you receive full and fair compensation for your serious injuries and losses, covering everything from medical expenses to lost wages and pain and suffering.
Are Uber or Lyft Accidents Common?
As rideshare services become more popular, accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles are becoming more frequent. Rideshare car accidents tend to happen in more populated areas and can involve multiple parties — including other vehicles, pedestrians, and private property.
How Rideshare Accidents Happen
Rideshare accidents in New Britain can have multiple causes. The most common causes of rideshare accidents include distracted driving, intoxicated driving, speeding, failure to adhere to traffic laws, and fatigue from long hours behind the wheel.
How Rideshare Companies Work
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft are platforms that connect independent contractors who use their personal vehicles with app users who need a ride. This business model affects how liability is determined and how accidents are handled legally.
Was the Rideshare Vehicle in Good Condition?
The condition of the rideshare vehicle is a critical factor in accident claims. Rideshare companies require drivers to maintain their vehicles to certain standards, but compliance can vary. If an accident is linked to vehicle maintenance issues, it can significantly impact the outcome of a claim.
What to Do After a Lyft or Uber Accident in New Britain, CT
If you’re involved in a rideshare accident in New Britain, taking the right steps immediately will significantly impact your health and help ensure the success of any potential legal claim.
Here’s what you should do:
Get Immediate Medical Treatment (and Stay at the Scene if Possible)
Your priority should always be your health. Seek immediate medical attention. If you can, search for other injured victims and ensure they do the same.
Some injuries may not be immediately apparent. Even if you don’t think you are seriously injured, you should still see a doctor and obtain medical records of the accident. Plus, medical records are crucial evidence in your personal injury case.
If possible, stay at the scene until police arrive and document the accident.
Take Photos & Document the Accident
If you can, take photographs of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, any injuries, and the surrounding area where the car accident occurred. Documenting the conditions, such as road signs, traffic signals, and weather conditions, is instrumental to the success of your personal injury claim.
Talk with Witnesses of the Accident
Witnesses can provide valuable accounts that may support your version of events. Collect their contact information; their statements could be crucial for your case.
Contact Your Insurance Company & the Rideshare Company
Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you can. Additionally, inform the rideshare company about the accident through their app or customer service. This ensures that the accident is officially recorded in their system.
Talk with a New Britain Lyft & Uber Accident Lawyer
A New Britain Uber and Lyft accident lawyer will help protect your rights and interests as your insurance claim proceeds. The legal team at Carter Mario Law Firm can guide you through the complexities of your car accident case — from dealing with insurance companies to pursuing fair compensation for any catastrophic injuries and financial losses.
Who Pays for Damages in an Accident with a Rideshare Vehicle?
In New Britain, determining who pays for damages in a rideshare accident can be complicated, as it involves various insurance policies:
- The Rideshare Driver’s Insurance: If the driver is at fault, their personal insurance may initially cover the damages.
- The Rideshare Company’s Insurance: Companies like Uber and Lyft provide supplemental insurance that may cover damages when the driver’s policy is insufficient, particularly when the driver is logged into the app and engaged in a ride.
- Your Personal Insurance: In some situations, your own insurance coverage may play a role, especially if dealing with uninsured or underinsured motorists.
Establishing Fault in an Uber Accident in Connecticut
Establishing fault in a New Britain rideshare accident is crucial for determining liability. This process involves investigating the accident, examining driver behavior, vehicle conditions, and adherence to traffic laws.
An experienced car accident lawyer is invaluable in helping you get through this process while defending your rights.
The Time Limit on Filing a Rideshare Accident Claim
Connecticut law contains a statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims. This time limit is generally two years from the accident date for rideshare accidents.
Filing within this period is essential to maintain your right to seek compensation.
Possible Recoverable Damages in New Britain Rideshare Accidents
Victims of rideshare accidents in New Britain may be entitled to various types of damages:
These are intended to cover direct financial losses, such as:
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation costs.
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity.
- Costs for repairing or replacing damaged property.
Non-Compensatory (Non-Economic) Damages
These address non-financial impacts, including:
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Punitive damages may be awarded if the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious or reckless — like if the driver were intoxicated while operating a vehicle. These are intended more as a punishment and a deterrent rather than a form of compensation for the victim.
New Britain Lyft & Uber Accident FAQs
Are there different types of rideshare accidents?
Yes, rideshare accidents can vary widely. Some accidents involve collisions between a rideshare vehicle and another car, and others involve pedestrians or cyclists. There are even single-vehicle accidents that occur due to driver error or vehicle malfunction.
How can I prove damages in an Uber car accident?
To prove damages in an Uber accident, you must compile all relevant documentation, including medical bills, repair estimates for property damage, proof of lost wages, and any other receipts related to your accident.
Photographic evidence of injuries and the accident scene, witness statements, and physical belongings damaged in the accident will also aid your claim.
How well-trained are Lyft & Uber drivers?
Lyft and Uber drivers are required to meet the companies’ standards, which include having a valid driver’s license and passing a background check. However, they are not required to be professional drivers and do not receive specialized training beyond what is necessary for a standard driver’s license.
Is there a statute of limitations on rideshare accidents in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including car accidents, is typically two years from the date of the accident.
What should I ask my rideshare accident lawyer?
When consulting a car accident lawyer, ask them about:
- their experience with similar cases
- their approach to dealing with insurance companies
- the estimated value of your claim
- their fee structure
- how they will communicate updates
- how long the process might take
How are rideshare services different from taxis?
Rideshare services like Lyft and Uber use a mobile app to connect passengers with independent contractors who use their personal vehicles. On the other hand, taxis are commercial vehicles that are operated by licensed drivers.
Rideshare services offer more flexibility and may have different insurance and regulatory frameworks than taxis.
Do rideshare companies & drivers need special insurance coverage?
Yes, rideshare companies provide special insurance coverage that applies at different times:
- when the driver is waiting for a ride request
- when the driver is en route to pick up a passenger
- when the driver is transporting the passenger
Drivers also need to maintain their personal auto insurance.
As a rideshare driver, what should I do after an accident?
If you’re a rideshare driver involved in a car accident, ensure everyone’s safety first, call the police, and seek medical attention. Document the scene and notify your insurance and the rideshare company that you work for.
Consider consulting with a car accident lawyer, especially if there are injuries or significant damages.
What do I do if my Uber driver leaves the car accident scene?
If your driver leaves the accident scene, report it immediately to the police, gather any available information (the app should provide the driver’s details and vehicle description), and contact Uber. Consider seeking legal advice to understand all the options available to you.
Speak with an Experienced New Britain Rideshare Accident Lawyer in New Britain Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Lyft or Uber accident in New Britain, CT, you don’t have to face the aftermath alone.
We have 30+ years of experience helping Connecticut residents get the financial compensation they deserve—not the compensation the insurance companies believe you should settle for.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation with an expert Uber accident attorney, and remember — you only pay us when we win!